Peggy was sentenced to 35 years, 25 minimum, 10 suspended. Hopefully we will hear next week if this will satisfy the judge. Here is a link to the article that had the most info about the sentencing. http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/virginia/dp-sou--adoptivedeath0525may25,0,1424837.story?coll=dp-headlines-virginia
On Wednesday I e-mail a reporter at the Washington Post about how the sentencing could affect our adoption plans, never expecting a phone call. On Thursday, Rich and and I went out to lunch, something we never do during a work day, and just as we got in the car, the phone rang, it was the reporter wanting to interview us, coincidence? I think not, I think sometimes God just takes advantage of the situation. Here is the article from the Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501022.html?referrer=emailarticleOur interview in the Post article was only a couple of paragraphs, but we did get this email from the writer on Friday -"Hi. Here's the article. But we would like to do more about your family and others affected by the Hilt case. Could you get us in touch with any other families."
I am in the process of contacting several families that I am sure will want to talk to her.
I also found an article on-line in the Ikurtsk paper, I translated the article from the Irktusk paper, but not sure if it was postive. (as expected, text translated from Russian to English is somewhat odd) The article qouted people from the adoption center as saying:
The colleagues of the Irkutsk center of the adoption, where the husbands Of kilt adopted girl, count punishment sufficiently to strict.
Olga Savinova, the regional operator of state data bank o
- 25 years, which gave to the citizen Of khilt, I evaluate as follows: the legislation of America follows the rights of children, if is carry ouied such, in
